Monday 16 January 2012

A gig, a trio and the harmfull audience - a short story

This photo was taken somewhere in the eastern part of The Netherlands where we were playing a gig with a short-time that happened to be, yet effective, trio I had during  my years in Holland, instead the glamorous sight of this photo the night was pretty much what can be characterized as a disaster, where the people turned to yell and mimic according the sounds coming out of the speakers, - almost like small kids make fun of a weird sound that they newly invented- and others just tried or looked like trying to decode what they were hearing but with no success, after playing for some minutes and realizing that somehow that needed to come to an end and give to other performers the step as well
I tried to find shelter at the bar where a person from the audience came by and overtly laughing started saying that the instrument which he couldn't even name it (oboe) reminded him something very funny which I hardly can recall now.
 On my attempt for rationalization that night was that the people which happened to be there, were  what I would call farmers & short-minded but that would be a rather arrogant and easy way of saying, so thinking about that came to my mind something that I always was puzzled with in my mind (without a reason until that day & mainly by one of mine teacher)
"for Whom and for Where-amongst others- you composed that piece" then I conclude that things are happening for a certain reason, even not joyful things, that is, false targeting may become hazardous for the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.